- B.K.S. Iyengar Official site of Mr. Iyengar. Quarterly newsletter subscription, books, dvds, audio, video files
- Bellur Iyengar Yoga Center International yoga workshops in Bellur, Guruji Iyengar's Natal village and the Bellur village project.
- IYNAUS Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States
- Iyengar Yoga Association of California Southern Region
- Neeta Datta- firstname.lastname@example.org She is our senior most teacher. She visits the Centre to teach workshops bi-yearly. Neeta teaches regularly in Northern Ca. at 822W Iowa, Sunnyvale, Ca.
- Centre de Yoga Iyengar de Paris Carolyn studied and started her studies and teaching here, with Faeq and Corine Biria.
Locations where Carolyn teaches regularly:
Light On Yoga
This book is the magnum opus of yoga which was first published in 1965 in English. This “Bible” of yoga has been translated in many languages. It has been called the “fullest, most practical and best illustrated book on the subject” with more than 600 illustrations. It starts with the explanation on “What is Yoga ?” and then the intricate details on how to perform more than 200 postures. It also introduces pranayamas, bandhas and kriya
Light on Pranayama
This book is a worthy companion and sequel to the Light on Yoga. The book is practical and a thorough guide for those who wish to learn the art of pranayama. The book discusses the respiratory system from the point of view of modern anatomy and ancient yoga texts. It also describes the difficulties that one may encounter during pranayama practice, and how to over come them.
Light on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Sage Patanjali was the first to systematically codify the ancient science of Yoga into 196 terse aphorisms (sutras) about 2000 years ago. These sutras are the profound study of the human psyche. Light on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is a unique edition which contains a new translation and commentary by Guruji Iyengar. He has enriched the text with the wealth of his own wisdom and experience on the subject. The book is of immense value to students of Indian philosophy as well as practitioners of Yoga.
Light on Life
As one of the editorial reviews on the book states, “In Light on Life, B.K.S. Iyengar brings readers this new and more complete understanding of the yogic journey. Here Iyengar explores the yogic goal to integrate the different parts of the self (body, emotions, mind, and soul), the role that the yoga postures and breathing techniques play in our search for wholeness, the external and internal obstacles that keep us from progressing along the path, and how yoga can transform our lives and help us to live in harmony with the world around us. For the first time, Iyengar uses stories from his own life, humor, and examples from modern culture to illustrate the profound gifts that yoga offers. Written with the depth of this sage’s great wisdom, Light on Life is the culmination of a master’s spiritual genius, a treasured companion to his seminal Light on Yoga.”