Ongoing Teacher Training Workshops
- Open to teachers at all levels, provide continuing education and community building.
- Stability in maintaining a yoga practice at each individual's level.
- Open classroom environment facilitates learning and promotes depth in study.
- How to incorporate the yoga lifestyle and bring this philosophy to life.
- Group study, "hands-on" tools to practice the art of teaching and take home to apply.
- Strong emphasis on developing skills in observation, corrections & adjustments.
- Therapeutic approach to yoga to access healing is explored and applied .
- Includes Iyengar teacher training for Junior and Senior levels.
- Commitment- Weekends or "mid-week" intensive at the IYE Center
Requires regular attendance at the Center’s classes. Ongoing guidance given. Bi-monthly meetings. Requires participation in teacher training program or on-going trainings throughout the year.
For IYNAUS Certification Mentorship/ Recommendations, inform the teacher of intent by October the year prior to assessment.
Iyengar Yoga Therapeutics Mentorship/Apprenticeship
Requires regular attendance at Center classes with Carolyn and Therapeutics class. Monthly meetings. Provides dynamic hands on training in the methodology of Iyengar Yoga Therapeutics.
Yoga Training for Youth
"200-hour" Yoga training program offered while attending school. For ages 14 -18. Includes weekly class attendance, mentor/apprenticeship meetings, and day-long meets. Contact the Center for more information or to participate in this program.
Teacher Training at Scottsdale Community College, Scottsdale , AZ
Intensive single-day Iyengar teacher training sessions designed to guide students and teachers on a steady path of practicing and teaching yoga . Incorporates elements from above programs. Contact Carlyn Sikes for more information.