Yoga is for all, regardless of age or ailment. Iyengar Yoga Encintas is one of the select few Iyengar Centers in the country to provide an Iyengar Yoga Therapeutics Class. Yoga Therapeutics is for those who require specific guidance in practice in order to address an issue, and/or for those who cannot follow regular classes. Target sequences are offered to help individual needs. Commonly there are 3 phases of the Yoga Therapeutics process:
- Reduce inflammation
Next follows re-entry into your practice and regular public class, along with the empowerment of the knowledge you gained in the therapeutic process.
Pre-registration and a commitment to a "4 class series" is required. No Drop-ins please. Most cases will also require a private session/assessment prior to beginning Yoga Therapeutics. Call the Yoga Center for an appointment. Therapeutics class meets Thursdays at 4pm.
The following are articles and research published about yoga therapeutics in resolving health issues for adults and seniors:
- Effect of Iyengar yoga therapy for chronic low back pain., NIH, May 2005
- Yoga for Chronic Neck Pain, The Journal of Pain, Nov 2012
- Improving Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis, WebMD, June 2012
- NIH Reports Yoga May Help Back Pain, Huffington Post, March 2012
- Yoga Helps Seniors Healthier Lifestyle, Toronto Observer, March 2012
Iyengar Yoga therapeutics specifically has been shown to be beneficial in easing skeletal muscular disorders and pain, aiding in cancer recovery, depression, fatigue, hypertension, menopausal symptoms, carpal tunnel, osteoarthritis, Parkinson’s and RLS, to name a few.